Royal Academy of Dance Ballet Syllabus
Classes are scheduled for most grades beginning from 3 years in kindy dance through to higher grade and major exam syllabus. Ballet technique is taught by qualified teachers with extensive experience. Debbie Noller RAD RTS and Emily Bartsch RAD RTS.
Kindy; Prep; Pre Primary, Primary and Grade 1- these classes require one class attended each week in order to progress through their requirements.
Grades 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 & majors – These require at least 2 x 45 minute classes attended each week.
Our aim remains to work through the Royal Academy of Dance syllabus with each grade. If by the end of Term 1, we believe that any class members should proceed with an exam in that grade by July, we will contact via email with exam information.
From mid year ballet students will commence their concert items for end of November. Each class has a seperate item to perform eg A student attending 2 classes per week will be in 2 dances. We do not always encourage a competitive attitude in the ballet class. We find that if each student does her very best, and works hard, this is all we can ask for. For this reason we work with different levels and capabilities within each grade to achieve the requirements before going to the next grade.
We ask that all students have their hair in a bun or tied back neatly for classes.
This is a very important part of ballet training, as is being organised and independent .
- Kindy & Prep dance pink leotard & skirt, socks & ballet shoes
- Pre Primary & Primary pale blue leotard & skirt, socks & ballet shoes
- Grade One jacaranda leotard, socks/ stockings & ballet & character shoes
- Grade Two marine blue leotard, socks/ stockings & ballet & character shoes
- Grade Three fuchsia leotard, stockings, ballet & character shoes
- Grade Four deep purple leotard, stockings, ballet & character shoes
- Grade Five red leotard, stockings, ballet & character shoes
- Grade Six, Seven, Majors regulation black leotard, stockings, ballet & character shoes Character skirt and shoes are a requirement from Grade 1 to 8. Within our school we are happy to allow the girls to use our skirts, but all students will need their own shoes by the end of Term 1.